Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website and any purchase of BDUs from Wilderlands. By using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full.
Wilderlands means Wilderlands Global Pty Ltd (ABN 19656161438).
You means the entity accessing this website and includes any entity that enters into an Agreement to purchase one or more BDUs from Wilderlands.
Biological Diversity Unit (or BDU) means an instrument representing the protection and management in perpetuity of a unique and verified geographical area measuring 1 square metre to maintain and enhance the integrity of its biological diversity. A BDU is not an interest in land and is not designed as a direct offset for biodiversity or habitat loss. It is a voluntary mechanism to support net biodiversity gain.
Register means an independently managed register appointed by Wilderlands to issue, track and allocate BDUs.
2. Your obligations
By submitting an application to purchase one or more BDUs, you agree that:
- The information included in your application to purchase is true.
- You have read and understood the information pack.
- You acknowledge that the sale of a BDU is final once a certificate confirming the allocation is issued by the Register. No refunds can be offered once the certificate has been issued.
- BDUs are not transferable or assignable once issued.
- BDUs are not sold as any form of environmental offset credit for regulatory or compliance purposes (but may be used as a form of voluntary environmental offset).
- You have no property rights in the land underlying your BDUs.
- You have made your own assessment as to whether products and services made available on this website are suitable for your needs and have not relied on any representation by or on behalf of Wilderlands as to suitability to your personal circumstances.
- You consent to our use of your personal details for the purpose of registering or allocating your BDUs on the Register and consent to that information being made publicly accessible via the Register.
- By entering any subscription or ongoing agreement to purchase BDUs you authorise and direct Wilderlands to debit your payment method on a recurring basis until the expiry of your subscription or valid termination of the subscription via this website.
- During the term of your subscription, Wilderlands may at its sole discretion update or substitute the BDUs available for allocation and your subscription shall continue with the new available BDU products in substitution for the products available at the time of your subscription. In the event you no longer wish to subscribe, you can cancel your subscription at any time via this website.
3. Your obligations
Upon acceptance of your application and payment for one or more BDUs, Wilderlands shall:
- Arrange for those BDUs to be allocated to you on the Register.
- Arrange for the Register to issue a certificate confirming the allocation of the BDU to You.
- Arrange for the maintenance of accurate records of the allocation of BDUs.
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that the land referenced in each of those BDUs is protected for biodiversity (for example, by placing a conservation covenant or easement over freehold land, formal reservation aligned with the IUCN protected areas framework or vesting of land into the control of an approved non-government conservation organization).
- Take reasonable steps to ensure the land referenced in each of those BDUs is managed in perpetuity to maintain and enhance the integrity of its biodiversity. Such management activity may include at the discretion of Wilderlands and its professional partners revegetation and restoration works.
- Take reasonable steps to monitor land referenced in each of those BDUs to ensure compliance with standards and management obligations.
4. No warranties
This website and any BDUs offered on this website are provided “as is” without any representations or warranties other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind including but not limited to legal or financial advice. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or other matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
5. Limitations of liability
Wilderlands will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website, even if Wilderlands has been expressly advised of the potential loss:
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit.
7. Variation of Terms
Wilderlands may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
9. Entire Agreement
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Wilderlands in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
10. Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia.