A rare chance to join an ambitious startup on a mission to protect the planet and our precious biodiversity – one square metre at a time.
Startup. Storytelling. Nature. For the right person this trio will sound super exciting and once you add real-world environmental impact into the mix you can start to see what gets us out of bed energised and inspired every morning.
We’re looking for a passionate change maker who is ready to join our content and community team as we share the stories from the projects we’re helping protect and enable our supporters to see the impact they’re making possible.
Like any startup, you’ll be wearing many hats and every day will look different but here’s a few things we can promise.
You’ll be working alongside our Founding team and most closely with our Chief Marketing Officer as you take on a role with expectations of real growth and a key opportunity to shape the future of this startup, so if this all sounds enticing you can learn more about what we’ll be building together below.
Imagine if you could pick a square metre of vulnerable Australian land and engage a leading conservation organisation to help you protect it forever….
Wilderlands makes this possible.
Wilderlands have created one of the world’s first voluntary biodiversity units, the Biological Diversity Units (BDU) representing 1sqm of permanently-protected Australian land making it easy for individuals and organisations to start protecting nature today.
Each unit is geotagged enabling supporters to zoom in and see the exact location of their units via their personal profile page and receive regular reports from expert ecologists on the ground and watch as nature flourishes thanks to their support.
Since launching in early August 2022, Wilderlands have protected over 50,000 square metres of vulnerable ecosystems with supporters ranging from individuals through to large organisations, philanthropists and several environmental advisory groups.
Wilderlands has also been featured in many media outlets, including here and here.
Why this role matters?
If a tree falls in the woods….you know the saying.
Well for Wilderlands it’s no different. We need our supporters to know about the impactful work we’re delivering on their behalf and we want the world to know about our offerings so more people can start proactively protecting nature.
As our Marketing and Communication Coordinator you’ll be helping across the creation, sourcing, design, and management of content as well as working with our community lead to connect with our supporters through events, partnerships, and many others areas in line with the Wilderlands marketing and communications plans.
Roles and Responsibilities.
We know these items can be a wishlist, but here’s some of the capabilities we’re likely to be looking for and tasks you can expect to come your way. Over time this role may become part of a broader team as this side of the company grows.
- Development and distribution of content across Wilderlands digital channels including website, social media, EDM’s, and spanning from strategy and planning to scheduling and distribution
- Assist with photography and video shoots including detailed briefs, timelines, ensuring clear communication across the relevant teams for shoot days
- Be able to supplement planned shoots by creating and editing your own still and video content (desirable)
- Assist with event curation and brand activations, particularly working with partners looking to leverage Wilderlands and embed impact into everything they do
- Assist with community engagement across owned digital channels
- Actively work towards growing social media presence and engagement
- Assist with written copy and design for marketing decks and other documentation
- Implement reporting across content, audience, social listening tools and competitors, and strategically update plans based on key learnings
- Working to achieve consistency across all brand touch-points
What will set you apart
- At least 3+ years’ experience in social media management, brand marketing, communications or similar
- Track record of helping brands deliver on business objectives through digital/social planning and content development
- Have a passion for all things social and have a strong understanding of social media trends and best practices
- Possess an analytical approach to strategy and experience with analytics tools
- Ability to create engaging video, graphic, photo and written content, from concept to delivery
- Be a strong, fun storyteller, ideally with a passion for nature and the planet
- Combine creativity, practical nous and marketing prowess to turn ideas into actions
- Have a creative and collaborative mindset and a genuine enthusiasm to grow this startup with us and push us (and yourself) forward
The range for this role will be between 70k – 90k (plus super).
Send through a cover letter and CV to Heath Evans (Chief Marketing Officer) by Wednesday 29th March.
Heath Evans, CMO, firstname.lastname@example.org